Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead design and development of Security Products and Applications. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (both front-end and back-end) in the areas of Security and Data Analytics on the Cloud. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance applications.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion, storage, search, analytics and building exciting user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
- You are proficient in Python, Go, or Java and Object-Oriented Programming
- You have a strong foundation in API, data structures, algorithms, software design and security
- You have experience writing microservices and operationalizing it for Cloud deployments
- You have experience with at least one big data platform (e.g. Storm, Spark, Flink, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, MongoDB).
- You have experience working on high performance software that processes massive amounts of data in real-time
- You're familiar working with container ecosystems like Kubernetes, Docker and ECS.
- You have a desire to Learn and Adapt. Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior team members.
- You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and phenomenal attention to details.
- 6+ years of experience and a BS/MS in Computer Science preferred.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.