If you are highly analytical and passionate about API security, API lifecycle management and developer experience, then this role is for you. The API management team is passionate about publishing Enterprise APIs, enforcing their usage policies, controlling access, interfacing with the developer community, collecting and analyzing usage statistics, and reporting on performance.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
As a Software Engineer, API Management, you will play a critical role within the APIXCHANGE team at Splunk. In this role you will do the following.
- Work closely with API developers and platform engineers to develop a secure and scalable Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform.
- Collaborate with API Producers & API consumers across Splunk product engineering and IT, and enable them to publish and self-service enterprise APIs to accelerate their business agility.
- Implement API management using API management platform (like Mulesoft or Apigee) to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics, monetization and developer portals
- Participate in various Scrum ceremonies as a member of the agile team
- Be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers derived on a set of strong engineering principles
- Use and build Splunk reports and dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting for the APIs
- Contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 3+ years experience in API management, API Gateway, policies, security orchestration(OAuth, OpenID, SAML, SSO ) and API analytics
- 5+ years of experience designing & developing API and microservices using Mulesoft Anypoint platform or other API frameworks
- Experience with Developer portals, Role-based access control and Service Mesh
- Experience with DevOps ( CI/CD tools, Kubernetes, Docker etc.) and observability tools
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills working with multiple teams across disciplines
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Anypoint community manager/Salesforce APEX development experience
- Hands-on experience with the MuleSoft Runtime Fabric (RTF) & Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Splunk products
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.