Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This role is for Software engineer on the Splunk Enterprise Security team which is an analytics-driven SIEM that solves a wide range of security analytics and security operations use cases like security monitoring, advanced threat detection, compliance, incident investigations etc. In this role, you will have the opportunity to focus on full-stack, backend or front-end technologies and work on real projects in the security space that go to market. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. You will collaborate with Product Management, Senior Engineers, Architects, Customers to shape the roadmap and build solutions which help customers monitor, detect and protect against ever growing cyber threats.
Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for …
- Contribute to the design and development of one or more features
- Participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Follows best software development practices and participates in code reviews, design discussions.
- Develops code with sufficient unit and functional test coverage
- Work in an Agile environment and follow scrum practices.
- Receive guidance from Senior engineers/architects for current and strategic features.
- Work closely with product management, UX team,backend engineers, cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve our team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Become well versed in core Splunk technologies as they apply to application development.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming concepts and languages, such as C++, Python, Java
- Familiarity with large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Understanding of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools, methods, test development, algorithms and data structures
- Exposure to: REST APIs and microservices, CI/CD concepts, Git, Jenkins, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, GCP
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with cloud stacks, open source projects, and exploring new technologies.
- Internal technical training and company-wide hackathons.
- A team of extraordinarily capable and dedicated peers.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s offerings.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team-building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.