Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and celebrating each other’s success.
Are you excited about data? Join us in developing sophisticated platform services, frameworks and tooling that allows customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more in a scalable and reliable way.
Splunk's Data Stream Processor team (DSP) is seeking an exceptional Sr. Systems Engineer to support Kubernetes Clusters to help the team quickly deploy, scale, and build our on Prem infrastructure.
What you'll do
- You are passionate about building, observing and operating distributed systems at scale in production.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- Auto-scaling, Infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and reporting
- You have worked extensively with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- You'll collaborate closely with Cloud infrastructure and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You are expected to be a self-starter, innovative and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You will lead, mentor, and partner with team members and other groups.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- You'll participate in the development of deployment architecture and design, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
What you'll need
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- Proven work experience with Kubernetes
- Expertise with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Borg)
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes, ideally both managed cloud offerings (EKS/AKS/GKS) and on-premise
- 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Solid experience with Linux administration combined with knowledge of Linux infrastructure
- Experience with multiple linux distros
- Ability to provide a DevOps mindset to an on-premise product
- Networking experience is much more important for this role than for our general purpose hosted clusters
- Programming experience in Java, Go, bash
- In-depth experience in automation (Infrastructure-as-Code).
We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment. We are also flexible with respect to working from home.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status