Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an engineering leader to help manage and develop a team of passionate engineers who are working on web applications to help drive adoption of machine learning in the Splunk ecosystem. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. This role is not about instructing or developing a team member’s work directly, but rather guiding and serving to ensure the happiness and productivity of the team. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will work with product management team members to help determine priorities and the roadmap for your team.
- You will work with the User Experience team to determine compelling and intuitive UX designs for your team’s applications.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top-tier developers and testers for your team.
- You have experience developing and delivering compelling web based front end applications that are intuitive to end users, yet can scale.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You have experience or a strong interest in using machine learning techniques to improve outcomes of a given software system.
- You have experience in developing and putting into production test automation and continuous integration (CI) systems.
Desirable technical skills and experience:
- Experience in developing software in an environment consisting of container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale. Of specific interest is knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS technologies.
- Experience in developing software within a continuous deployment (CD) environment for cloud based solutions
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.