Software Architect - Splunk Security Analytics
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk Security Analytics team would be a great fit for you.
Splunk Security Analytics is a next-generation, cloud-native, multi-tenant analytics solution to detect security related anomalies at exabyte scale in near real-time, extensively leveraging stream processing and machine learning.
We are currently seeking an experienced Architect who will directly influence the future of our newest Cloud offering by leading efforts to design, prototype, develop and operate a solution built atop of Splunk’s Cloud Platform.
Working directly with customers is one of our core values. In this role, you'll be able to meet customers as they share their experiences, get a first person view of state of the art Security Operations Centers, and collaborate with product management to define and craft new products that streamline analysts' investigations.
Splunk Architects are passionate about continuously learning, improving on existing products & processes while driving the vision for new and innovative solutions. In this position, you will:
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real world deployment scenarios in order to better understand what solutions will bring value to our customers
- Lead the overall architecture of our project, steer technology decisions, identify and resolve dependencies as well as facilitate comprehensive technical reviews with the team
- Collaborate closely with Product and members of our team to design and create comprehensive end-to-end user workflows
- Champion keeping product quality top of mind by extensively leveraging product and test automation throughout the product cycle
- Partner with members of the Architecture council to formulate high-level product specifications with emphasis on system integration, scalability, performance, and robustness as well as drive technical alignment across Splunk’s product offerings
- Create, maintain and improve code with pride of ownership
- Provide technical mentorship for a rapidly growing team of talented engineers
- Knowledgeable of distributed computing architectures and principles that solve for scalability, performance, redundancy and reliability
- Comfortable designing for and working with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) and container ecosystems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Experience in the security domain and the application of machine learning would be extremely valuable
- Experienced with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that effectively leverages CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, etc…)
- 10+ years of software development experience using languages such as Go, C/C++ and Java
- Familiar with streaming and distributed computing technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, HBase, Cassandra
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records