Software Architect - Security Analytics
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone in the world. We are a company filled with people who are deeply passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience and business insight for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, improvements, having fun and take pride in each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers, generous benefits, new technologies and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's security analytics team is looking for an experienced architect to join our team to help build our newest products in the cloud. In this role you will lead design, prototype, develope, and test detection and prediction systems built atop Splunk's Cloud Platform. If you have experience large scale data systems, data persistence technologies, containerization, multi-tenant cloud solutions and security we want to talk to you.
Splunk architects are passionate about continuously improving both what we create and how we deliver our products to customers. As the security analytics architect, you will:
- Lead the overall architecture of our project, steer technology decisions, identify feature dependencies, and facilitate comprehensive technical reviews with the team.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering management to set the technical direction of our products and services.
- Work closely with customers as we refine our cloud security solutions.
- Achieve a deep understanding of Splunk Cloud Platform architecture, its capabilities, usage patterns, and real world deployment scenarios.
- Partner with other members of the Architecture team in declaring high-level product specifications with emphasis on system integration, scalability, performance, and robustness.
- Drive consistent technical alignment for the security analytics project among the broader Splunk Architecture group.
- Provide technical mentorship for a growing team of talented engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in software development preferably with security and/or large scale data technologies.
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect working on application platforms for both enterprise and SaaS based solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in building scalable, cloud-based SaaS solutions.
- Strongly versed in technologies used across the full web application stack including those for services, user interface development, tools, storage and automation.
- Experience with stream processing, cluster computing, containerization, deployment automation, and distributed data storage and processing is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to work well in a large team setting.
- Experience within the cyber security domain is highly desired.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status