As a Splunk Sales Engineer (SE), you’ll be the primary technical resource for the assigned Enterprise and Commercial accounts. Our clients and partners span all business sectors and sizes.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs will passionately able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned customers to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's and partner’s technical staff. You will work close together with the Partner Responsible for the opportunity if required.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and partners on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Willing to travel to visit partners, prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer and partner work when required
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent record in technical software/hardware sales and knowledge of technology
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing partner and customer base
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- At least 8 years of experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Experience on delivering sales and technical enablement workshop or webinar to customers
- Fluent in either IT, Security or Dev Ops solutions.
- Knowledge of "Big data" technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra).
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, application delivery, security or compliance is desirable
Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business.