Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most
importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you
can become a part of our journey!Role
In this role, you will join of an established team of seasoned incident commanders and incident coordinators, who are responsible for handling high severity incidents from triage through to post incident reviews. This is a senior role at Splunk requiring an individual who can take charge in high stress situations and give direction to both customer personnel and to the Splunk internal teams to drive resolution of incidents, demonstrating leadership in all facets of the incident management.
This role is not for those just following a documented process– we are looking for an operations professional comfortable in true major incidents and crit sit management with a good appreciation for the cloud/SaaS environment with a great customer centric approach and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively across all audience.Responsibilities
- Take command of the cross functional teams and controlling the remediation for all major incidents, demonstrating urgency appropriate for
- the severity of the issues
- Work with SME’s to interpret key data points and facilitate the incident resolution efforts, including building out an incident action plan and executing the plan.
- Set clear incident resolution objectives (exit criteria) and ensure the cross functional teams clearly understand priorities and the focus areas.
- Stay across the remediation progress whilst managing any technical and business risks as they are identified.
- Manage customer expectations via agreed messaging channels (ie direct emails, attending customer bridges or through customer case notes)
- Document all key decisions, milestones and setbacks in the regular status updates and produce executive summaries as required.
- Operate as part of a 7x24 global team of Incident Commanders and ensure seamless handover of critical issues to other regions.
- Participate in post incident review discussions and provide input into the continuous service improvement workshops.
- Experience: Intermediate to an expert level of incident management, MIM, crisis management and/or Disaster Recovery experience (min, 3-5 years of experience depending on the scale of the operation)
- Knowledge of incident management best practice (min ITIL v3 Foundation) - what good looks like
- Strong operational and situational leadership skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Incident status report writing experience (executive level and rapid status reports)
- Works well in a dynamic changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience in Cloud/SaaS environment would be highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant job experience.
- Flexibility to work a 4-day or 5-days week and/or support Australia business hours
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: INR 2,560,000.00 - 3,520,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.