Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
You will establish and execute the core competencies of Splunk’s partner program in alignment with our SLED initiatives. You will work closely with our sales organization in a fast-paced environment facilitating cooperative account and opportunity development leveraging our partner ecosystem. The position will require travel throughout our SLED region.
Location: Sacramento, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland
Role and Responsibility:
· Work with the SLED team (Regional Directors,Account Managers, SE’s, Business Development and Inside Reps) to maximize partner leverage across SLED region
· Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Splunk’s sales and partner rules of engagement.
· Manage and be the main point of contact for partners as they engage in contract capture, RFP responses, and dedicated campaigns
· Aggressively work to maximize Partner oriented sales pipeline potential through best practices, training and support.
· Communicate masterfully with partners on products and service offerings.
· Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects and increase awareness in the SLED East region.
· Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
· Provide weekly reporting of partner pipeline and forecast using the SalesForce automation tool.
· Keep up to date on major SLED programs and map Splunk to solution requirements utilizing partner ecosystem
· Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
· Attend and participate in sales meetings, business reviews, product seminars and trade shows.
· Prepare and present company initatives, product overview, partner program framework, and programmatic SLED campaigns
· Deep understanding of SLED contract vehicle landscape
· Define and execute partner business plans and regular progress checkpoint reviews to ensure success
· 5+ years channel and/or direct selling experience selling IT infrastructure solutions and services to the SLED marketplace.
· Track record of success and knowledge with partners in the Public Sector.
· Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of enabling partners to close six and seven figure deals
· Strong executive presence and polish
· Exceptional, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
· Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
· Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
· Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
Education and experience requirements:
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
· US Citizenship Required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From great benefits to a diverse and inclusive workplace — that's the Splunk experience.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.