Join us on the Splunk TechOps Team, empowering our customers to execute our vision making machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone! The TechOps organization runs Splunk Cloud, blending aspects of SRE, Systems Engineering and Service Engineering across functional global teams. TechOps Engineers at Splunk form part of a organization that configures and maintains our customer-facing SaaS product, Splunk Cloud. Join a team that is striving for operational awesomeness and trying to automate the world. We have a large presence with large cloud vendors. You should have experience with architecture, deployments, and networking in one or more of the major industry vendors. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of Splunk Cloud.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a TechOps Engineer to help maintain, contribute to and improve the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with providers and supporting the infrastructure that backs Splunk’s cloud offering.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have operational experience at scale and have had hands-on roles that deal with operating systems (particularly Linux) and networking. You might also have worked with Cloud technologies. Previous job titles might be something close to systems admin, network engineer or devops engineer.
- You're passionate about work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be excited about your projects.
- You love large complex systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You are interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once.
- You have some development skills. We have code in several languages, ranging from Python and Shell to Go and C++. We don’t expect you to be a software engineer but familiarity with basic programming and understand concepts like input sanitisation and unit testing are beneficial.
- "How can I automate this process?" is a question you constantly ask yourself.
- Data drives your decisions. You see data as exciting and see the benefits to making decisions to be based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- You care about monitoring. Shipping code often and getting useful feedback exciting and you’re not worried about changing direction when a solution isn’t working as expected.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work in an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Honesty and collaboration are values we see as a core part of our team identity. We understand the value in open communication—working together to get things done, and to adapt to the changing needs of the team and individuals. This is reflected in both our internal communications and also in how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. Successful outside of work is important to us too. Want to work from home sometimes, no problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Work doesn't have to always be about working. We arrange frequent team lunches and other optional team building events to help with team bonding in a more relaxed environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!