What We’re Looking For
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join teams that are responsible for providing and maintaining an automated platform that enables internal and external customers to easily manage and modify Splunk Enterprise Cloud (SEC) environments. As a member of these teams, you will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting Splunk's SaaS system, monitoring system stability and performance, troubleshooting complex problems, driving projects to further enhance and automate the system, performing CSP instance maintenance and system upgrades, and managing CSP server/storage deployments, all while collaborating with various other Splunk Cloud teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with exceptional teams, solve interesting problems, grow your cloud experience, and help drive the growth of Splunk Cloud!
- Unix/Linux. You will use a command line terminal frequently.
- Software Development and Data Structures/Algorithms. We code primarily in Golang and Ruby, and work with RESTful APIs.
- Cloud and container experience. Building and scaling secure services on different cloud providers.
- Infrastructure or configuration management as code experience. You are familiar with some sort of config management or infrastructure as code, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Amazon CDK, Pulumi, etc.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You know continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Problem Solving. You are able to fix a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our team has many projects going on at once, and you'll have the opportunity to learn to navigate new code and features.
- Passion. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
Nice to haves
- Kubernetes experience. Working in Kubernetes systems with experience in kubectl and docker containers.
- Terraform experience. Any prior work with Terraform is a plus.
- Multi-tenant infrastructure experience. Experience supporting customer facing multi-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services.
- Puppet experience. You may write Puppet code and work within configuration management.
- AWS experience. Knowledge of Amazon EC2 including machine image management and storage, as well as an understanding of Amazon EC2 regional centers, availability zones, and HA strategies
- GCP or Azure experience is a plus!
- Python or Bash scripting experience. You may develop scripts and tools in Python/Bash.
- Distributed programming. Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, CAP theorem is an added plus.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- Fantastic teams. We have exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and individual contributors in our organization and company.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. The teams work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to do their best, and have fun while doing it!
We value diversity and inclusion at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: PLN 168,000.00 - 231,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.