Join us on the London based Splunk Site Reliability Team, working on our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone! You will configure and maintain our customer-facing SaaS product, Splunk Cloud.
The SRE Operations team is globally distributed with teams based in San Francisco and Plano in the USA, Sydney in Australia, and London in the UK.
The UK SRE Team works closely with our Support and Software Engineering teams so you'll have plenty of chances to interact with and learn from other teams across the business as well as your direct colleagues on the other SRE teams.
- Gain experience with AWS architecting, deployments, and networking. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
- Help identify areas where we can improve performance or tooling and collaborate across your direct and distributed team to help drive changes and improvement where needed.
- Have the opportunity to develop mentorship skills and knowledge sharing.
- Own and manage bug fixes, improvements and optimisation for production infrastructure platform.
- Learn or apply existing knowledge to contribute to our established puppet and terraform codebases.
- Have the opportunity to learn Splunk skills and take advantage of free training for Splunk Architect certification
- Participate in an on call rotation
You might be a fit if:
- You are interested in or have experience in building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You are already comfortable with Splunk and have experience in using the product.
- Are comfortable in a Linux environment and familiar with Unix based command line tooling.
- You have worked in one or more cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure), and enjoy engineering and architecting with a "Cloud First" mentality.
- You've been working in an area that's given you a background in some or all of: operating systems (particularly Linux), networking and cloud architecture. Your previous job titles might be something close to Systems Admin, Network Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
- You like working on small teams where you are able to have significant impact on design decisions and the direction of the platform.
- You've worked with Splunk as a platform before or are interested in both monitoring a systems observability.
Projects you might work on:
- Large scale infrastructure migration to a brand new infrastructure.
- Development and implementation of backup strategy.
- Working with our Core product engineering teams to optimise new product releases for cloud architecture.
- Development of new puppet modules.
The interview process:
- You can expect an initial response from our recruitment team.
- If selected a direct discussion with your potential team's leader to ask all those questions that you’ll no doubt have.
- An opportunity to speak directly to one of your possible peers within the SRE team that will focus on some of your experience and problem solving approach. There will not be ‘quick fire’ questions. This can be achieved either in person or virtually.
- You'll be invited to an in person interview at our London office. This will be around 90 minutes. During this you’ll get the opportunity to meet some of the team you'd be working with as well as some of the other local teams. The interview will not include elaborate technical quick fire questions, whiteboard code tests or pair programming. If you do have recent projects that you think you’d like to discuss and would aid your application feel free to bring details of those along!
We value diversity at Splunk. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.