As a Site Reliability Engineer at Splunk, your primary responsibility will be building automation services supporting our Splunk Cloud deployment. Additionally you will be an evangelist for our DevOps philosophy as you will lead with and support other internal tech teams. Everything you do will be aimed at solving the big problems, complex problems and sometimes big and complex problems our customers face every single day.
You are an excellent fit if you:
- Are familiar with micro-service architectures, decoupled systems and how to build them.
- Have experience implementing strong and stable versioned APIs and the services that back them.
- Automate all the things by default.
- Strive for simplicity in the tools you build.
- Know how to write outward facing documentation.
- Believe in CI/CD philosophies and have practiced it in the past.
- Are a self-starter and can see the bigger picture for the business.
- Strong programming skills in one language and some skill with another, even if it’s one we don’t use.
- Experience with Cloud providers such as AWS / GCP / Azure
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system
- You know Go and Python well
- Experience with Splunk is a bonus
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with Kubernetes
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.