Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is seeking a Services Portfolio Management Director to join our passionate, fun and innovative Customer Success organization and build the next generation portfolio of services offerings (across Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Education and Technical Support) for our customers!
You will have a unique opportunity to transform Splunk’s services offering portfolio to drive adoption and unlock increased value from Splunk solutions via focus in three areas:
- Design, launch, and grow new services offerings that drive higher solution adoption, customer value, and new business growth and expansion
- Create a scalable New Services Introduction (NSI) process and a collaborative, disciplined Customer Success engagement approach for New Product Introduction
- Define the services strategy across products, personas, and buying centers to accelerate product adoption across our rapidly growing customer base
A critical aspect of this role is the ability to closely partner with Customer Success leaders to determine how to package, sell, and deliver these critical services in a way that is easy-to-buy and easy-to consume and that supports renewal and expansion. Additionally, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Field Enablement, Legal and IT to achieve these outcomes.
We are looking for a highly driven leader with a diverse skill set that spans critical thinking, product management, product marketing, execution, and analytical problem solving to challenge the status quo. You will work with multiple teams to align on strategy and drive decision-making to help turn concepts into reality. A customer-first mentality, comfort with ambiguity, a “new way of thinking” orientation, and experience working in a fast-paced culture are critical.
If you are looking for a high impact role in a high growth environment … operating at the intersection of strategy, products, services, customer experience, and execution … come join our team!
- Deliver a customer-informed, compelling (simple, prescriptive, and outcome-based) Customer Success portfolio that drives value across the Splunk customer journey
- Evolve the Customer Success portfolio while meeting operational & financial goals
- Leverage Services research on customer/market trends and available customer C360 insights to identify our customer’s services requirements across segment, buying centers and personas, globally
- Orchestrate cross-functional engagement to translate the portfolio strategy into defined services offerings that deliver new value in new ways for customers
- Work cross-functionally to define and execute a comprehensive services go-to-market strategy
- Communicate Customer Success services portfolio roadmap & performance, detailing services offerings and attach model driving specific customer outcomes
- Establish the go-to-market strategy for each services offering, including positioning, pricing and packaging, and required external & internal enablement materials
- Collaborate with CS Marketing & Field Enablement to build internal & external enablement, collateral, success stories & value propositions for each offering
- Ensure Customer Success operation and delivery teams are capable of filling orders (e.g., capacity, geo) and have requisite capabilities/skills defined in the offerings
- Create and implement a scalable New Services Introduction (NSI) process inclusive of program definition, operational requirements, tools, policies & procedures
- Drive successful individual new services offering launches
- Define and roll-out a collaborative engagement process between Customer Success, Product Management & Product Marketing for New Product Introduction
- Guide services strategies and solution development for New Product Introductions
- Serve as a thought partner for Product Management/Product Marketing to influence the product roadmap and use the services portfolio to drive customer outcomes
- Institute and reinforce foundational Services Product Management rigor across the Services PM team (e.g., requirements docs, business case, NSI process)
- Recruit and retain “A” talent Services Product Management team. Develop the team, motivate employees, and drive innovation. Deliver a collaborative culture that values customer-first approach, teamwork, high performance, and achieving results
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or business field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in Customer Success management roles within the software / SaaS industry
- 5+ years experience in Customer Success / Services offerings management or other relevant product management experience
- Leadership in services offering change transformation; courage to challenge status quo
- Outstanding track record of driving & shaping change while delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally to both plan and lead the Customer Success portfolio transformation with a hands-on leadership style
- Proven success leading cross-functional, large-scale strategic programs or global initiatives, in a highly matrixed environment; willingness to dig into tactical details
- Marketing experience in defining and executing effective services strategies; demonstrated ability to guide & direct services marketing programs / campaigns
- Experience leading and participating in design thinking, customer experience and voice of the customer programs; aptitude for translating findings to impactful insights
- Firm understanding of technical solution deployments and customer adoption expectations across all Customer Success fields (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Education and Technical Support)
- Solid technical aptitude with ability to rapidly ramp on Buying Center use cases, customer value, and technical requirements
- Independent self-starter who can work efficiently with general direction and keep large cross-functional team(s) motivated and focused
- Intellectually curious and creative with a customer-centric orientation
- Goal-oriented & team-centric focus
- Exceptional ability to successfully analyze, structure, and resolve ambiguous situations that are broadly defined, complex, & often unprecedented
- Executive level written and verbal communication abilities
- Excel at decision making, consensus building and conflict management
- Superior interpersonal skills and effective executive level relationship-building talents
- Extensive experience working iteratively in a fast-paced environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.