Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. We are seeking Portfolio Leadership to help us elevate further on this journey. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk IT is growing, and we are looking for a dynamic ServiceNow Administrator to join the Splunker Technology Success organization. Along with your team members, you will be responsible for the overall ServiceNow experience at Splunk.
The ServiceNow Administrator will focus on platform support and Incident handling. This role works with ServiceNow Architects and Developers on related projects including service automation and platform integration support. A typical day will include working from both a platform Incident queue as well as participating in development projects.
- Administering capabilities to configure the ServiceNow platform to align with IT Service Management policies, processes and procedures.
- Gathering requirements from service owners for new functionality, reports & automation, and fulfilling requirements in line with industry best practice.
- Platform upgrades and code migration via update sets
- Configuring and administering the ServiceNow platform user interface, screen elements, work flows, mobile interfaces, plugins and branding.
- Managing and administering lists, filters, forms, platform interfaces (to other data sources) and the data within tables, import sets and the CMDB.
- Managing and administering ServiceNow users, groups, and all the various roles.
- Assisting the ITSM Team in developing, building, testing, deploying and updating items within the Service Catalogue and corresponding items in the Self-Service Portal.
- Configuring and maintaining application security across all modules and interfaces.
- Assisting with identifying and implementing orchestration for IT automation.
- Administering ServiceNow applications, including updating security and workflow configurations, importing data, creating custom scripts, and building reports.
- Creating alerts and notifications using e-mail and other messaging capabilities within the platform.
- Troubleshooting, resolving and /or escalating system Incidents when they arise.
- Performing daily operational management and administration activities as needed.
- Producing reports and dashboards based on defined measures, metrics and key performance indicators. Recommending any improvements regarding the platform, processes or reporting.
- Configuring and implementing ServiceNow scripts in the form of business rules, client scripts, UI actions and UI policies.
- Provide on-call support for ServiceNow
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ year of ServiceNow platform experience including development and administration
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform integrations with external systems
- Knowledge of Agile framework and experience in measuring level of effort with enhancements, defects, and stories
- Experience with Core, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Incident, Problem, Hardware and Software Asset Management modules
- Experience building automation workflows
- Experience building business rules, client scripts, and notifications
- Knowledge of implementing LDAP, SSO, user/group/role
- Experience building and configuring Service Catalogs and self-service portals
- Knowledge of CMDB concepts
- Experience with Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Demonstrable knowledge of the ITSM framework (ITIL)
- Drive efficiency, adoption and platform manageability
- Certified System Administrator (SNOW) qualification
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Understanding of ServiceNow table extension model
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance
- Certified Implementation Specialist certification in one of the OOTB ServiceNow modules (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, etc.)
- ServiceNow Service Portal micro-certifications
- ITIL Certification - minimum Foundation V3
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.