Ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other's success.
We're looking for a Bay Area-based IT Support Service Desk Analyst who is accustomed to providing the highest level of in-person, and remote support to our Executive Staff and Employees. You will thrive in an environment that appeals to your self-sufficient and resourceful nature, while working closely with your counterparts to deliver technical assistance and support related to computer systems (Windows and Mac), hardware, and software. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization that is innovating right along with Splunk. As a member of this team, you are responsible for responding to queries, completing diagnostic triage, isolating problems, and providing and implementing sound solutions.
- Support the local Splunk staff based in out Santana Row and San Francisco offices as well as staff throughout the North America region.
- Providing a high quality IT support and service primarily for Executives and Executive Assistants primarily in San Francisco and Santana Row (Travel to both sites required).
- Assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as providing basic intros to some of the IT systems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Resolve technical problems in partnership with the broader IT Ops team with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and WIFI.
- Write training materials: How-To documents, FAQ’s, etc.
- Support on site Shoretel phone system
- Be the hands of Corporate IT for Server and Network issues
- Respond to queries either in person, on the phone or via email
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Triage problems by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of problem.
- Follow up with end-users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Configure new users' systems and install computer peripherals as needed
- Image, configure, pack, and ship computers for new starters in remote offices
- Responsible providing break/fix services to Splunk assets including, but not limited to Apple devices, PCs, mobile devices.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Participate in Global IT initiatives and projects
- Gain a basic understanding as to how Splunk uses Splunk internally
- 5+ years experience of providing desktop support
- 5+ years experience in fixing hardware as well as software installations
- Ability to document work and processes, in a clear, presentable manner
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written at all levels of an organization up to and including executive level management
- Ability to engage comfortably with executives and other key personnel under pressure
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting corporate PCs, Macs, AV equipment, printers, faxes, and phone system
- Understanding of IPv4 subnetting, TCP/IP, and networking technologies up to and including DNS, DHCP, and VPNs
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.