Splunk IT is looking for a Plano, TX IT Support Service Desk Analyst who is accustomed to providing excellent support to staff both remote and onsite. You will thrive in an environment that appeals to your self-sufficient and resourceful nature, while working closely with Splunkers to provide technical help and support related to computer systems (Windows and Mac), hardware, and software. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a bright future. Service Desk Analysts are responsible for responding to queries, completing diagnostic triage, isolating problems as well implementing sound solutions.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Create and update support documentation for internal knowledge base as well as end user instruction sets.
- Point of contact for run book creation ensuring that support documentation is up to date.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures, manuals, and employee facing IT presentations, and communications.
- Support the local Splunk staff based in our Bay Area office as well as staff throughout the North America region
- Assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as providing basic intros to some of the IT systems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Resolve technical problems in partnership with the broader IT Ops team with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and WIFI.
- Support on site VoIP system
- Be the hands of Corporate IT for Server and Network issues
- Respond to queries either in person, on the phone or via email
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Provide daily support and maintenance of onsite conference rooms
- Able to support off site events within the region
- Triage problems by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of problem.
- Follow up with end-users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Image, configure, pack, and ship computers for new starters in remote offices
- Responsible for all Splunk assets providing break/fix services on Mac and Windows.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Participate in Global IT initiatives and projects
- Gain a basic understanding as to how Splunk uses Splunk internally
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Technical writing and or employee communications as a prior job responsibility
- 3+ years experience providing desktop support
- Configure new users' systems and install computer peripherals as needed
- 3+ years experience fixing hardware as well as software installations
- Ability to engage comfortably with executives and other key personnel under pressure
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting corporate PCs, Macs, AV equipment, printers, faxes, and phone system
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications desirable.
- Knowledge maintaining video conferencing systems. Knowledge of Zoom a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
- Prior knowledge or exposure to Splunk, while not required, is a plus
- Works independently with minimal supervision
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.