That’s a cool job! I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
Our operations team is looking for a IT Support Service Desk Analyst who is accustomed to providing excellent support to staff both in-person and remote. You will thrive in an environment that appeals to your self-sufficient and resourceful nature, while working closely with your counterparts to provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a limitless future. Service Desk Analysts play a critical role in not just providing excellent end user support but also help in shaping the end user experience. We are an innovative team that thrives on providing world-class customer service, operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that:
- Support the local Splunk staff based in our Santana Row office as well as remote staff throughout the North America region.
- Assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as providing basic intros to some of the IT systems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Determine problems/resolve technical issues in partnership with the broader IT Ops team with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and WIFI.
- Support on site VoIP system
- Drive the continuous improvement process to make sure SLA’s are continually met
- Respond to queries either in person, with case management tooling, Slack, phone, or via email
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Provide daily support and maintenance of on-site conference rooms
- Able to support off site events within the region.
- Triage service disruptions by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of problem.
- Follow up with end-users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Configure new users' systems and install computer peripherals as needed
- Image, configure, pack, and ship computers for new starters in remote offices
- Responsible for all Splunk assets providing break/fix services on Mac and Windows.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Participate in Global IT initiatives and projects
- Gain a basic understanding as to how Splunk uses Splunk internally
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that:
- 5+ year experience of providing desktop support
- 5+ year experience in fixing hardware as well as software installations
- Ability to engage comfortably with executives and other key personnel under pressure
- Maintaining & solving problems with corporate PCs, Macs, AV equipment, printers, faxes, and phone system
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.