That’s a cool job. I want it!
We want you. We look for people who are intellectually curious and we appreciate that rare mix of smart, passionate, collaborative, humble and fun. Splunk is expanding globally and is building out an enterprise class suite of facilities, operations, and client services capabilities. To fuel that growth Splunk has signed a 42,000 square foot lease in Boulder, CO for our product, marketing and engineering teams. We are seeking a technical support professional with a passion to deliver an incredible user experience. As a team member of our global service desk team you will be responsible for responding to queries, completing diagnostic triage, isolating problems and implementing sound solutions. Splunk has been named a “Best Place to Work” for 11 years in a row. Are you ready to make it 12? Outstanding, then we want to talk with you.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will support the local Splunk staff based in the Boulder, Colorado office as well as staff throughout the North America region
- You will assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as providing basic intros to some of the IT systems
- You will provide technical assistance and support either in person, on the phone or via email for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. You'll hone your knowledge of Windows and Mac OS's and SaaS apps.
- You will drive continuous improvement and promote and excellent user experience
- You will image, configure, pack, and ship computers for new Splunkers in remote offices as well as follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 2+ year experience of providing technical support for PC's Macs, wireless, Zoom, VoIP, AV, G Suite, Slack and other SaaS apps
- 2+ year experience in fixing hardware as well as software installations
- Passion to assess, diagnose, and resolve technical problems
- Superb written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Preferred skills & experience:
- Are you curious? A foundational understanding of IPv4 subnetting, TCP/IP, and networking technologies up to and including DNS, DHCP, and VPNs
- Do you like to build? A basic knowledge and experience with Cat6 and OM3 cabling, including connectors and termination, and diagnosing physical-layer network issues
- Do you have a thirst for knowledge? Any industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, AppleCare Mac Technician (ACMT), Google IT Support Professional, HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR), ITIL Foundation or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Are you well organized? An ability to run multiple projects at a time
- Any basic knowledge of Splunk products would be terrific but we'll teach you that.
Splunk is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.