Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver phenomenal experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk.
What you’ll do:
- Design new products and offerings for Splunk’s IT Markets Group
- Provide design support throughout product development, from initial concepting to product/feature release and beyond
- Drive design in accord with principles of user-centered design
- Craft user workflow diagrams, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes
- Partner with UX researchers and product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to craft product development efforts
- Partner effectively with product management, engineering, and product marketing
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design
- Experience in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices, in a wide variety of formats
- Experience in data visualization
- Understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Proficiency in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Experience crafting prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus
- Masters degree in HCI or related Design program
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.