Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, your hands-on, multi-method abilities will help define and drive the future of Splunk design. These multi-methods include leading focus groups, interviews, using statistics to analyze data, and traditional design research like card sorting and participatory design. You will inspire teams to push their current boundaries of what is possible, identify and set product strategy, while helping teams understand complex UX ecosystems through seamlessly synthesizing data into engaging reports.
In this role, you’ll build empathy and understanding of what users need, while closely collaborating with designers, engineering, product management and various other functions daily, to help define the future of Splunk. We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
What You'll Do
- Foster and grow UX research and a data driven product design culture.
- Handle the design, administration, and execution of research studies.
- Manage stakeholders dynamically that includes guiding stakeholder discussions with the appropriate user research methods to achieve business and design goals.
- Partner with UX team members, including managers on research execution and/or design workshops.
- Identify new research opportunities.
- Propose, plan, execute, and deliver user research at various stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Create deliverables in the form of engaging reports, journey maps, or other materials as needed by the project team.
- Share research insights with cross-functional partners to create a smarter, more informed, and more empathetic team
- Unafraid of creating new systems and processes as needed.
- This is a very hands-on role, and includes managing participant recruitment, data collection (includes moderating sessions), data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations.
What You'll Bring
- 6+ years’ experience doing qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Extensive experience planning and executing different types of research and usability testing activities
- Degree in the field of HCI, Human Factors, Usability Engineering or a related field (advanced degree a plus)
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative with an ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects in a dynamic organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.