Job description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
The Sr. Payroll Analyst will report to the U.S. Payroll Manager and will support U.S. Payroll in all duties associated with the accurate and timely processing of the bi-weekly US payroll processing for 5,000 U.S. employees. This role will work closely with Human Resources, Equity, Corporate Tax, and Benefits on payroll-related matters as well as interact closely with the payroll accounting team to complete all close related tasks. This is an opportunity for a highly driven payroll professional who is pro-active, detail oriented, self-directed and sets a high-quality bar for themselves and their work product. This position offers the ability to learn, develop and grow their career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public company.
Location: Remote – U.S.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
● Perform the processing of payroll for Splunk employees including new hire processing, compensation, benefit changes and bonuses.
● Responsible for reviewing new hire entry and other master file changes, entering and uploading payroll data, reconciling payroll and conducting employee verifications.
● Ensure Splunk’s compliant with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities.
● Manually calculate complex payroll tax entries for miscellaneous transactions.
● Assist Corporate Tax and Equity with the process and handling of transactions that require distinct tax treatment.
● Audit time sheets and system uploads.
● Assist employees and managers with pay related issues.
● Responsible for all employee levies.
● Responsible for processing off cycle manual payroll checks and/or ACH payroll payments.
● Assist with research projects and preparation of management reports as needed.
● Special projects and other duties as assigned.
● Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll process.
● Coordinate with external auditors to assist with quarterly and annual audits as needed.
● Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
● Strong work ethic with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter and year-end remittance deadlines.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
● 5+ Years of heavy payroll processing experience for multi-entity/state company
● Workday experience required.
● Possess a working knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations.
● Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
● Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
● High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically excel.
● Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
● Comfortable working in an environment with constant change and growth.
Education: Got it!
● Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
● Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunkers are encouraged and empowered to be Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun.
From San Francisco to Shanghai, Splunkers work in 25+ offices across the globe.
Intern with people you want to hang out with, even outside the office.
Hear from Splunkers on the latest.
Culture of Inclusion: Splunkers Share Their Stories
Follow Splunk on LinkedIn for job announcements, company news, and more.