Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Corporate Travel Professional with strong experience in Corporate Travel and Expense to join our travel team. In this role you will interact directly with vendors, employees, upper management, internal audit and expense. This position requires a well-rounded individual who is analytical, strategic and customer service focused. You will work on strategy, implementation, vendor management, operations and the day to day administration of Splunk’s Travel Program. You must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
What You’ll Do:
- You will contribute to the strategy, lead implementation, vendor management, operations and the day to day administration of Splunk’s Travel Program.
- Drive Splunk’s Global Travel Program based on the requirements and needs of the business
- Manage the relationship with Splunk’s Travel Management Company (TMC); including, but not limited to, maintaining content and policy in the booking tool, identifying and raising concerns, troubleshooting technical issues, researching price discrepancies, resolving service tickets and processing invoices
- Travel Profile Management; collaborate with IT to ensure HR feeds are set up and running correctly, address file errors/failures and escalate as needed, set up guest traveler accounts and manually create accounts
- Expand and manage Splunk’s Hotel program; analyze hotel spend data, identify opportunities, oversee the annual RFP from solicitation through contracting and conduct rate audits
- Manage Splunk’s Global Corporate Card Program; reconcile credit card/expense, manage delinquencies, process applications and respond to employee questions
- Partner with the Splunk Expense Team on policy updates, process improvement, employee training and expense audit questions
- Respond to a wide range of employee’s questions regarding Splunk’s Global T&E Policy, Splunk’s Travel Program, booking travel, corporate cards and expense
- Collaborate on the selection, implementation and management of new travel/expense tools/technology as required
- Employee Training; create training materials and lead travel and expense trainings as needed
- Partner with the Splunk Security Team on traveler safety programs and initiatives
- Maintain Splunk’s internal Travel & Expense Portal
- Provide travel analytics/reports to leadership; build, run and analyze travel reports as needed/requested, identify savings opportunities
- Work with cross functional teams on Travel and Expense related matters
- Build and analyze KPI metric reports
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Travel industry (Travel Manager, Travel Coordinator/Specialist/Analyst, Travel Management Company, Travel Agent) with experience in:
- Travel Categories including, but not limited to, air, hotel and ground transportation
- TMCs (preferably Egencia)
- Expense Tools (preferably Concur)
- Travel Data/Reporting/Analytics
- Understanding/knowledge of the GDS is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Technically savvy and computer literate; proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS office products
- Exceptional, going beyond, proactive customer service approach
- Ability to handle multiple complex requests simultaneously and seamlessly
- Adaptable to change
- Comfort and experience working with C-level travelers
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.