Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Senior Threat and Vulnerability Consultant works with the Sr. Manager Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM). The role is based in San Jose or Tyson’s Corner, VA. If you are an experienced professional with exceptional qualifications, full-time remote may be considered. This role will be responsible for delivering vulnerability management services to internal Splunk customers. You are passionate about information security, have a desire to always learn and improve, as well as mentor others. Previous experience in enterprise vulnerability management or penetration testing is required. Critical thinking and extraordinary communication skills are necessary for this role, as you will need to translate highly technical concepts into risk impact and advise decision makers on the best course of action. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- Build strong relationships with business owners and service providers from across Splunk
- Perform network vulnerability assessments to identify vulnerabilities or confirm compliance to security standards using enterprise vulnerability tools
- Ensure vulnerability scans run and complete as scheduled
- Review results from internal and external vulnerability scans and drive risk remediation planning
- Assess identified vulnerabilities to understand their impact and potential mitigation
- Work with platform owners, technical teams and business units in a security consulting role to facilitate vulnerability prioritization and remediation
- Document identified false positives and exclusions
- Ensure vulnerability scan results are consumable by the intended audience
- Participate in risk assessments and contribute to improvements in the overall security posture of Splunk
- Partner with blue team to develop detection content related to vulnerabilities & participate in threat hunting missions.
- Partner with threat intelligence function to contribute to a common operating picture of aggregate risk exposure
- 5+ years professional IT or IT Security experience; or 3 years and a Master’s degree
- 2 years or more of experience as a full-time vulnerability analyst
- Experience with performing network vulnerability scans in both on-prem and cloud environments using common vulnerability assessment tools
- Experience with identification of false positives, true positives and exceptions
- Experience in analyzing, identifying and developing remediation plans for vulnerabilities
- In-depth understanding of network & web-based attacks and remediation
- Familiarity with well-known vulnerabilities and exploits
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, including CI/CD pipelines, containerized environments, and orchestration components preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take ownership of service delivery
- Proven history of solving problems with no obvious solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to view issues through the customer’s lens while balancing the business need with the required level of security posture
- Solid attention to detail
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.