Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers! At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a Technology Compliance Analyst who will assist with delivering technology assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services to the company. This position will make a difference at Splunk by building consultative partnerships with business owners, internal/external auditors, and engineering teams to drive risk mitigation, process gaps maturity, and controls management. Being analytical, upbeat, creative, and one who thrives in a highly skilled and dynamic environment will lead to success. The focus will be on compliance efforts that meet or exceed various technology security compliance and internal controls that include, but are not limited to, SOC I & II, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, and FedRAMP as it pertains to software, Cloud, and on-premise environments. You should be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical resources and have experience describing compliance requirements in a technical manner.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the planning, execution, and reporting of technology and security assessments within Splunk's Operations / Engineering / Technology areas.
- Coordinates with Splunk’s Customer Trust Team in coordination and management of responses to customer requests, including contributing to Request for Proposals (RFP) and addressing customer security inquiries, questionnaires, and/or due diligence assessments.
- Engages with business and control owners, internal & external auditors, as well as Splunk leadership on new and ongoing compliance initiatives and business transformation projects.
- Facilitates the execution of external audits over Splunk’s products and internal controls in accordance with, but not limited to: SOC I & II, SSAE-18, ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP Moderate, and IL5.
- Leads and drives the process of audit evidence collection and review for internal and external audit engagements.
- Assists in the design of automation to enable scalability of the compliance programs
- Work with the internal tool(s), as a user, that is used to support SpAARC services
- Contribute to maintaining a knowledge base of SpAARC’s compliance information to effectively address inquiries about Splunk’s compliance posture, collaborating with subject matter experts and key partners across Splunk to ensure accuracy
- Develop internal facing material in the form of white papers, due diligence documentation, and other resources that can be shared with internal customers.
- Must be an existing US citizen
- 5+years of experience in technical audit and/or security
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Professional certifications e.g., CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA are a plus.
- Hands on experience assessing technology and compliance risks and controls in technology processes, cloud applications, cloud infrastructure.
- Experience participating in audits from at least two common industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, SOC I & II, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, OWASP, ITIL, FedRAMP, etc.).
- Experience formulating audit testing plans, steps, and procedures.
- Experience with the validation and enforcement of completeness & accuracy of the documentation received as evidence for audits.
- Strong audit documentation skills.
- Team orientated with high EQ.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and lead multiple projects and workstreams to a timely completion.
- Understanding of cloud security principles
- Learn quickly to develop a solid grasp and technical of Splunk security policies, controls, and Splunk product and service offerings. Able to accurately articulate this information in clear and concise terms.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and critical thinking ability
- Customer service orientation with a problem-solving approach
- Ability to multitask, balance and prioritize work in a dynamic environment, ensuring SLAs are met
- Team oriented, proactive, and able to work independently
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.