Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a Senior Technology Compliance Analyst who will own delivering technology assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services to the company. This position will make a difference at Splunk by building consultative partnerships with business owners, internal/external auditors, and engineering teams to drive risk mitigation, process gaps maturity, and controls management. Being analytical, upbeat, creative, and one who thrives in a highly skilled and dynamic environment will lead to success. The focus will be on compliance efforts that meet or exceed various technology security compliance and internal controls that include, but are not limited to, SOC I & II, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS as it pertains to software, Cloud, and on-premise environments. Must be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical resources and have experience describing compliance requirements in a technical manner.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the planning, execution, and reporting of technology and security assessments within Splunk's Operations / Engineering / Technology areas.
- Ensures accurate identification, communication, and mitigation of risks, processes, and internal control gaps with potential adverse operational, financial, strategic and compliance risk implications.
- Engages with business and control owners, internal & external auditors, as well as Splunk leadership on new and ongoing compliance initiatives and business transformation projects.
- Facilitates the execution of external audits over Splunk’s products and internal controls in accordance with, but not limited to: SOC I & II, SSAE-18, ISO 27001, HIPAA.
- Leads audit walkthroughs and drives the process of audit evidence collection and review for internal and external audit engagements.
- Assists in the design of automation to enable scalability of the compliance programs
- Own the follow up on action plans to ensure appropriate and timely mitigation of identified risks.
- Assists with coaching and development of junior members of the team.
- 5+years of experience in technical audit and/or security
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Professional certifications e.g., CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA are a plus.
- Hands-on experience reviewing and testing common IT & Engineering technologies including OS, databases, network infrastructure, application security, Linux/Windows system security, networking, mobile device security, cloud technologies and applications (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS environments, etc.).
- Hands on experience assessing technology and compliance risks and controls in technology processes, cloud applications, cloud infrastructure.
- Experience implementing and/or auditing controls from at least two common industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, SOC I & II, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, OWASP, ITIL, etc.).
- Ability to travel 10-20%, including internationally
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management.
- Experience formulating audit testing plans, steps, and procedures.
- Strong audit documentation skills.
- Proficient in systems / technology “As-Is vs. To-Be” analysis.
- Team orientated with high EQ.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and lead multiple projects and workstreams to a timely completion.
- Experience in international company operations and proficiency in foreign language, a plus.
- Familiar with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts, a plus.
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility.
- Proven skill in MS Excel, Word, and Presentation with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.