Technical writers on our team play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that they are able to scale and standardize their use of our products across a broad set of technical users. Our customers include software developers, site reliability engineers, and technical operations teams.
- Create, produce and revise high-quality documentation associated with Splunk's APM product offerings.
- Work closely with technical and support staff to assure that conceptual and instructional documentation for instrumentation, implementation, and usage is accurate, complete, and well-organized.
- Participate in the planning of documentation projects with engineering teams and product management so that both new and advanced users can easily find information relevant to their requirements, use cases, and environments.
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A minimum of 7 years in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate documentation targeted at developers or infrastructure and operations engineering teams.
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably with both onsite and remote team members working in multiple time zones
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including working with branches, creating pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts.
- Experience building good working relationships with development teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience using and documenting application management or monitoring products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats, and use cases.
- Experience with installation and configuration of cloud infrastructure and services
- Experience building documentation using Sphinx, reStructuredText, and ReadTheDocs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.