Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Technical Support Manager, you will focus on leading a growing team of highly technical and dedicated Support Engineers in addition to handling customer issues to a successful conclusion. You will develop the team’s technical knowledge and soft skills through regular meetings, objectives, and on-the-job coaching. In addition, you are a dedicated problem solver that has a real passion for producing positive customer outcomes and can lead by example. Splunk is rapidly growing and will continue to scale at a fast pace. You will be expected to quickly integrate into the extended leadership team and help us to scale.
- Provide technical mentorship to teams or cross-functional groups
- Ensure that customer cases assigned to your team meet our SLOs and meaningful metrics
- Handle customer expectations and escalations
- Ensure your team is engaged, customer focused, adequately trained and has career development
- Collaborate with Sales and CSMs to drive successful customer outcomes and facilitate new business
- Coach and mentor our Support Engineers ad hoc and as part of regular 1-on-1s
- Flexibility to handle critical cases after hours as needed
- Contribute to strategic projects and process creation to meet the needs of the business and customers
- Ability to guide people during difficult situations
- Understanding how product issues impact our customers
- Ability to communicate bad news, articulate an action plan and set expectations
- Provide day-to-day management for direct reports, ensuring they can be successful
- Collaborate directly with engineering to resolve core product issues
- Work with the team to identify, monitor and report trends
- Contribute to continuous improvement of reporting and processes to optimize productivity
- Running effective meetings with a clear agenda and record actions
- Committed to creating and developing high-performing team that promotes the Splunk culture
- The position is based out of our Reading office with approximately 3 days in Paddington a month
- Exstensive leadership experience in a Customer Support / Technical Support organization
- Proven success working directly with customers within a technology company
- Communication as a core strength, heavy focus on using data to articulate a story or an issue
- Excellent time management skills with and a strong sense of urgency
- Dedicated to champion the customer problem until resolution
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; a real passion for solving technical problems
- Develop an understanding of the Splunk product in order to communicate effectively
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is advantageous
- UNIX is nice to have but not essential
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Engineering and/or other related fields strongly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.