Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This role is charged with leading large scale, global, technically sophisticated initiatives end-to-end. Working cross functionally with a broad set of technical and business partners, you will use your proven technical aptitude, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of hard work, to drive programs that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and simplifying customer, partner, and employee experiences across various channels, functions, and platforms. You will face new challenges daily and identify creative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the needs of our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead end-to-end technical programs or initiatives across our SaaS platform, with a focus on the Machine Learning area.
- Keep a clear and constant understanding of priorities to ensure expected outcomes are delivered.
- Communicate program progress across partners, sponsors, and executive leadership.
- Identify and mitigate risks and to ensure programs maintain forward momentum toward clear outcomes.
- Understand system APIs and interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams to align and deliver on technical solutions.
- Ensure clear accountability, timelines, and continuous organizational change to deliver timely, high-quality results.
- Work with executive leadership and key business partners serving as the core spokesperson for the program
- Provide expertise on process improvements and tools that lead to shared standard methodologies across Engineering.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and cross-organization events in collaboration with Engineering or Product Management leaders.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. (Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
- Deep experience in Software Engineering; with particular experience in Machine Learning and AI, as well as experience with API-based cloud platform microservices.
- Strong validated experience interacting directly with leadership, proactive problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Experience facilitating, building, or overhauling a Change Management process.
- Validated history influencing and affecting change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority.
- Experience working cross-functionally leading a program or product delivery with both technical and non-technical members.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Agile or scaled Agile methodologies.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 5 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.