We are looking for a dynamic and creative Senior Technical Instructor to join the team and help us deliver world-class training to our customers and partners nationally and worldwide. In this role you will perform instructional delivery of approved course materials and teach multiple courses. You will work within a team but also be able to work independently. You are also able to teach classes virtually as well as at Splunk partner, customer, and contract facilities.
Additionally, you will demonstrate the ability to lead major departmental projects and effectively work cross-functionally with members of other departments. You will be viewed as a leader and mentor by other team members and deliver multiple technically advanced courses.
- Teach advanced technical classes and regularly participate in cross-functional projects.
- Lead major projects within the department and handle multiple projects/tasks with minimal supervision.
- Consistently meet or exceeds goal and/or project achievements.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with management, team members, and other departments.
- Anticipate and resolve common problems.
- Balance long and short term goals by prioritizing activities.
- Actively participate in curriculum planning sessions for new product training.
- Review training curriculum and provides feedback to instructional designers.
- Adapt well to changing job and project requirements.
- Recommend and implement solutions when project issues arise.
- Extensive experience of software/technology training to various technical audiences (i.e. software engineers, systems administrators, developers, sales engineers etc.)
- Experience working as a Senior Technical Instructor within Education Services for an Enterprise Software Company
- Knowledge: Current Unix/Linux shell, command-line, vi editor experience a requirement!
- Linux Administration is a plus.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills in at least one software application or technology.
- You have excellent oral presentation and customer interaction skills.
- You are able to travel up to 50%.
- You are able to obtain a current passport and can travel to other countries and regions without restriction.
- Experience with Splunk or competitive application products are excellent but not required.
- Knowledge of Unix a plus
- Ability to teach in multiple languages a plus (French, German, Italian)
- CISSP (Certified Security Specialist) a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a technical or related field is required.
We value diversity at our company. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the applicant is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment applicants with arrest and conviction records.