Senior Technical Curriculum Developer, Observability (Must Need Python OR Java experience)
At Splunk, we know that effective education is key to our continued success. Are you experienced in developing curriculum on deep technical topics with knowledge of the performance monitoring space?
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Curriculum Developer who understands highly technical subjects and can craft instructional materials and labs that are concise, accurate and outcome-based.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility, creativity, passion and a sense of humor are highly valued here.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Designs and develops outstanding technical course content and lab exercises for instructor presentation or self-paced consumption
- Prioritizes multiple concurrent projects and consults widely across organizations to identify objectives; researches topics independently using all available resources
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet these objectives
- Scopes projects and estimates time required accurately; consistently meets deadlines and communicates promptly when obstacles arise
- Uses domain expert time efficiently; develops and maintains relationships with colleagues across organizations
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Develops hands-on labs, data generators, and grading applications; builds and maintains lab server environments
- Learns quickly, collaborates efficiently, shares knowledge, and is happy to cover new and temporary projects when needed.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing technical courseware and building lab environments
- Experience crafting courses for SaaS products and performance monitoring solutions
- Strong technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- Programming experience in one of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, GO, .NET
- Experience with distributed software systems, microservices applications/ deployments, Cloud technologies, Linux OS, Linux command line; AWS EC2 or similar cloud computing platform;
- Outstanding problem solver, negotiator, innovator, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for handling and solving tactical issues
Education: Got it!
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree