Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
- Splunk is seeking a Senior Splunk administrator with proven experience in implementing, improving, and administering Splunk deployments from simple single instance stacks to complicated clustered environments.
- Complex knowledge of the Splunk Search Processing Language is a must, and candidates will need to understand the impact of complex searches on both clustered, and non-clustered environments.
- This role is on the Engineering Services team at Splunk. The Engineering Services team at Splunk is a service and support organization for Splunk Engineering focused on providing leading-edge engineering platforms which are the foundation for productive, frictionless software development lifecycles.
- The successful candidate is passionate about providing world-class customer service with a sharp focus on implementing and deploying reliable, robust, high quality, Splunk based continual deployment targets and their associated services.
- Engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated Splunk deployments.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve Splunk’s continual deployment infrastructure.
- Provide timely, world class customer service for requests from all engineering customers including; software development, QA, sustaining and project management.
- Help keep key systems and servers up and operational ensuring all systems are securely servicing all customers
- Capable of prioritizing and executing critical and blocking issues in a timely fashion
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring for the existing staff.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve CI/CD based engineering infrastructure.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stake holders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Analyze and adapt Splunk deployment targets to support changing needs and environments.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 5+ years of experience in a technical field or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience administering Splunk on a large enterprise level
- Experience with deploying Splunk premium apps such as Splunk ES or ITSI is not required, but would be welcomed
- Experience and familiarity with IT management processes and software products, networking, server, application monitoring, security patching and/or web technologies.
- Experience in interacting with customers and onboarding, configuration, and optimization in Splunk
- Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Strong preference for those with extensive experience architecting/developing/deploying/configuring/administering simple to complicated Splunk deployments.
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Experience working in a multiserver environment
- PERL/Linux shell scripting/Regex experience would be highly preferable
- Splunk training and/or certifications are a major plus
- Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with container technology – Docker, UCP or Kubernetes
- Experience with two or more of: Ansible, puppet, chef, Artifactory, Nexus
- Cloud-deployment expertise with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform; GCP or Azure a plus
- Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make.
- Experience in package managers, e.g. npm, yum.
- Familiarity with modern, CI/CD based engineering processes and tools is a big, big plus.
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits and we take pride in the diverse and innovative culture that sets us apart as a company.
Splunk is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.