Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a Senior SOX / IT Analyst who will own delivery of technology assurance, advisory, and compliance service to the company in support of the financial reporting and information technology control function and have a thorough understanding of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Section 404. Must be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical resources and have experience describing compliance requirements in a technical manner.
In this highly visible role, the Senior SOX / IT Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Splunk’s SOX ITGC program as well as have significant involvement leading & assisting on other technology audits. This position offers the opportunity to lead internal assessments over the design and operational effectiveness of IT General Controls, report to senior management on identified findings and control deficiencies, and track remediation of findings through to resolution.
Analyst will assist with the development and maintenance of SOX ITGC process narratives and flowcharts. Additionally, they will function as a liaison between Splunk’s business / process owners, and internal / external auditors during audit engagements.
- Assist in the scoping and planning process for SOX, which includes assessing financial statement risk and mapping key processes, systems and accounts to build Splunk’s IT General Control (ITGC) environment and annual SOX plan.
- Lead internal assessments over the design and operational effectiveness of Splunk’s IT General Controls with an emphasis on SAP and SAP’s GRC module including rule set review / conflicts / remediations.
- Partner with multiple cross functional teams to ensure timely and efficient resolution of control findings and deficiencies.
- Develop and provide routine training to control owners and ensure a thorough understanding of Splunk’s IT SOX program, control design, operational effectiveness, and the impact of their control(s) on financial statements.
- Serve as subject matter expert and advisor to Splunk on the implementation and monitoring of comprehensive plans to provide oversight of relevant SOX IT initiatives.
- Maintain updated SOX IT process documentation, and review for completeness and accuracy.
- Manage tracking of process and control deficiencies remediation projects through to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- One or more professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA, CPA) preferred.
- Experience auditing SAP and SAP GRC IT General Controls.
- Experience working directly with internal engineering, information technology, security, and business teams.
- 3-5 years of recent IT SOX program management experience in two or more cloud hosted Fintech, SaaS or Technology start-ups pre and post-IPO.
- Extensive knowledge of internal control and compliance frameworks (specifically COSO, COBIT, SOX) and hands-on experience applying the frameworks to design and implement controls that are operationally effective across multiple compliance programs in cloud-based IT environments.
- Advanced ability in analyzing IT risk and designing efficient controls to minimize risk.
- Experience formulating audit testing plans, steps, and procedures and conducting walkthroughs, as required.
- Experience with Google Suite, MS Excel, Word and presentations with an understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and lead multiple projects and work streams to a timely completion.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate information about complex issues to stakeholders in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Comfortable working in a rapid-paced working environment with tight deadlines.
- Team-focused, positive attitude with high EQ.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse and accepting environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.