Senior Solutions Engineer - Public Sector
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to bring data to everything. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers and partners, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Collaborative experience working with or at a Federal Systems Integrator in a client-facing technical role
- Experience with Splunk SW (FREE download!)
- Practical experience reviewing and drafting responses to Federal Requests for Comment, Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals (RFCs, RFIs, RFPs).
- Passionate about crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Validated experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CIO, CISO, CIO, technical partners, etc.
- Committed to delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences -- experience doing so with Splunk is highly desirable
- Experience working in or selling to Federal DoD or Intelligence Community
Other desirable differentiators:
- Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context
- Experience designing and implementing analytic dashboards or other visualization improvements in a production environment
- Prior technical sales/technical service experience of 5+ years
- Experience writing code/scripting to automate common tasks (Python, bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience administering Linux and/or Windows systems – Linux expertise is helpful
- Partner with the District sales team to develop strategic and technical account plans.
- Partner with our Business Development and Channel Partner teams to help Federal SI’s and Splunk partners sell Splunk solutions
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s products and solutions to partners and customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on value-based differentiators.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
Education: I have that!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study - equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.