Role: Senior Solutions Engineer
Location: Greater Washington, DC area
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Splunk is seeking someone who will challenge customers in how they think about their data to solve their problems. Through technical thought leadership and value selling, you will show how Splunk can transform a business to a data driven organization. Your focus as an SE is to guide customers toward the realization that Splunk is the only solution of its kind, while identifying and building Splunk champions. You will also challenge Splunk in how we can best serve our customers, because you will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- Partner with the regional sales team to develop strategic and technical account and territory plans.
- Supports strategy with briefings, demos, proposals, Proof of Values (POVs), integrations and issue resolution for Splunk’s portfolio.
- Communicates directly with Splunk customers to understand architecture, infrastructure, and IT and business objectives in order to map a customer’s priorities to Splunk’s product capabilities.
- Strong ability to collaborate and create dynamic presentations to demonstrate Splunk’s products and solutions to customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on value-based differentiators.
- Builds custom demos based on customer requirements to make Splunk differentiators even more obvious to understand.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology..
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 7+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate sophisticated ideas to all levels of the business.
- Proactive and able to handle activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong understanding of what a sales process is.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.).
- Familiarity with programming or scripting a plus (e.g. C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Knowledge of “Big Data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the region.
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- You live in the DC Metro area.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Other desirable differentiators:
- Experience selling SaaS.
- Collaborative experience at a Federal Systems Integrator in a client-facing technical role.
- Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context.
- Experience crafting and implementing analytic dashboards or other visualization improvements in a production environment.
- Prior experience working with Dept of Health & Human Services and/or The Defense Health Agency.
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers’ Core Behaviors:
- Curious: Are problem solvers at the core with listening skills that translates naturally to communicating with customers and their sales counterparts to solve the uncovered problem.
- Driven: Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves.
- Adaptable: Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as vital regarding the value of Splunk.
- Challenger: Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors.
- Humble: Excellent team skills. Winning attitude. Openness.
- Integrity: Possess and demonstrate conviction and accountability.
- Growth Mindset: Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it.
- Love technology, but more relevantly love articulating our exciting technology.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study - equivalent professional experience will be considered
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.