Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Position: Solutions and New Use-Case Architect - Public Sector
Location: Mclean, VA
This position is for a Solutions Architect to lead the design, build, and go-to-market execution of new solutions and use-cases built on the Splunk platform. The Architect is a solution owner from defining the scope of customer challenges, to leading development, and executing coordinated Go-To-Market strategies involving teammates across Splunk’s Public Sector business. Solutions are used to build new sales opportunities, clear paths for the adoption of Splunk, and ultimately make positive mission impacts for our customers.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in delivering customer-ready solutions using enterprise software and platforms for iterative development and rapid deployment. The candidate will have a working knowledge of open and/or closed-source big data tools, trends, methodologies, and best practices. The candidate must use this knowledge to take customer pain points and/or improvements requests and turn them into clear and consolidated features, use-cases, and ultimately solutions.
- Proven success designing and leading the development of software tailored to user personas and distinct business challenges
- Experience orchestrating software development using an existing software environment such as commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products, inner, or open-source capabilities
- Expertise in crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, and marketing content
- Practical experience delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be a player/coach with a development team, building analytics and writing scripts when required and as time allows
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of projects and driving them from start to finish while meeting delivery deadlines and quality standards
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar study or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to work from Splunk’s Public Sector HQ in Tyson's Corner, VA
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
Highly desirable attributes and differentiators:
- Past experience thriving in a consulting / client-facing environment that required tactical selling, scoping, and content generation
- Energized by “wearing multiple hats” and delivering both manager and creator work
- Successful project manager or engagement lead with ownership of schedules, staffing, scope and execution
- Experience designing and implementing analytic dashboards or applications in a production environment
- Practical knowledge of AWS, Azure, and/or GCP services and their respective applications
- Linux/Unix experience, including configuration, performance troubleshooting, tuning, and scripting
- Prior experience delivering, using, and/or supporting Splunk or other modern big data systems in an operational context
- Practical experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CISO, CIO, CEO, etc.
- Experience identifying, screening, interviewing and sourcing technical staff to grow a team
Other desirable attributes:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Prior US Public Sector experience
- Prior experience working with systems security and/or compliance technologies and use cases