Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Solution Architect for the Financial Technology team, within the Enterprise Architecture group, you will play an important role in the success of the company's overall financial technology strategy that directly impacts our $2B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for the overall technical architecture of our financial applications to meet a variety of complex business scenarios across the enterprise. This position will require you to utilize your deep financial expertise and technical competency to meet secure and compliant business requirements. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an Agile delivery framework to meet key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work within timelines, balance various tasks simultaneously while contributing to the positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for influencing ideas throughout the company.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Lead the overall reference architecture, technical design, and implementation for a robust and scalable financial technology portfolio.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of financial tools and technologies to meet business needs and demands.
- Define and advise partners on merger and acquisition strategies for financial applications, processes, and data.
- Provide solution designs and technical architecture for internal financial applications to meet business requirements.
- Perform proof-of-concepts (POC) to prove out solutions and establish a core codebase ready for implementation.
- Document as-is and to-be application solution architecture for a variety of scenarios to meet business requirements and scale the company.
- Document data flows in relevant segments and ratify data ownership and retention policy with appropriate partners.
- Produce high-quality deployment architecture diagrams that describe the solution and implementation details.
- Participate in organization-wide project planning activities with project managers to advise on implementation strategies and cross-team dependencies.
- Partner closely with product owners and engineering managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives to meet solution designs.
- Represent the IT organization as the domain expert for financial technology and ensure alignment across partners.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community, such as Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Enterprise Architects Council (EAC), to provide feedback on strategies and standards.
- Produce executive presentations and present simple solutions to complex problems to diverse stakeholders across the company.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of demonstrable technical financial experience within IT environments.
- 8+ years of technical solution architecture experience within the financial technology area.
- 5+ years of experience delivering solutions for SAP S4/HANA platform.
- Demonstrable experience delivering solutions for Concur, Ariba, Fiori, and BODS.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman and/or TOGAF
- Deep understanding of technical security and financial compliance policies.
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to convey abstract and complex concepts.
- Excellent written documentation, technical diagrams, and executive presentation abilities.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Francisco and San Jose offices to meet with key partners.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS Compute products.
- Experience with data integration patterns and technologies.
- Hold a current SAP S/4HANA for ERP Finance Experts certification.
Education: Got it!
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).