Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
If so, we have a role for you.
Splunk's Security Market Group Products & Applications team is looking for Senior Software Engineer to build various UI components that enable developers, both internal & external, build excellent solutions on the top of Splunk’s platform. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (both front-end and back-end) in areas of data analytics. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance applications.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion, storage, analysis and search, and building exciting user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
What We’re Looking For:
- M.S and 8 years industry experience
- 6+ years of experience building front end applications, UI components or UI frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of react/redux or equivalent technologies.
- Keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create.
- Proven ability to lead features by themselves or with a team.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior team members.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and great attention to details.
- Experience collaborating with design and cross functional engineering teams
- Full web stack development experience is a plus, but not essential
- BS/MS in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong customer focus and passion for building intuitive products that will delight our IT user base. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.