Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are excited about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be architecting, deploying, and maintaining automated browser testing frameworks
- You will develop tests to target edge cases, cross browser compatibility, smoke tests, and feature completeness.
- You will standardize, improve, and develop, UI testing and CI/CD systems in the Cloud Data Platform area
- You will help drive the delivery of high-quality product releases with exceptional user experiences
- You have extensive experience with cross browser testing
- Comprehensive experience with of one of the following testing frameworks: WDIO, Protractor, Cypress, or Nightwatch
- You have wide-ranging experience with test automation framework architecture and design
- Your have deep understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Strong object oriented design and implementation
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic environment
- Experience with data platforms (Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Flink, Apache Spark)
- Good understanding of REST and cloud architecture (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of container technology (Docker and Kubernetes)
- CI/CD with Gitlab
- Saucelabs, Browserstack, or other third party Selenium services
WHAT WE SCREEN FOR DURING THE INTERVIEW:
- Your coding and testing skills
- Your understanding of test frameworks and design
- Your familiarity with continuous integration implementations
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of uncommonly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don’t expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.