Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Splunk’s Cloud Infrastructure organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS and Kubernetes presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we are looking for
Splunk's Cloud Infrastructure organization is creating a new Traffic Engineering team to help scale and secure our new global SaaS offerings. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers (various levels) to help lead, design and build the internet traffic management systems that will power Splunk’s next generation SaaS platform.
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, and security of Splunk’s services. Technologies include (Geo)DNS management, GSLB/Anycast, Load Balancing (IPVS, L4, L7), API Gateways and Service Meshes, IP address management (IPAM), TLS infrastructure for securing network communication.
- Work with Cloud providers on integrating their networking products into our eco-system. You will be developing and extending a control plane to scale and secure Kubernetes deployments and their traffic ingress requirements on various cloud computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure).
- Drive for automation. You are passionate about adopting and mastering new technologies that will help you automate routine tasks and free up time for innovation. You will be utilizing a variety of languages used in systems programming, ranging from Go to Python to Terraform.
- Distributed systems programming. Experience in working on and debugging distributed systems like CDNs, Kubernetes infrastructure, databases, data replication, etc.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You routinely use continuous delivery, testing and security best practices.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. Capable of navigating through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you will have the opportunity to learn to navigate the code and features. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.