Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to harness machine data in the next generation of IT and Security analytics products! We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's Getting Data In (GDI) team is seeking a leader in the Application Performance Monitoring (APM), IT Service Monitoring or Security Information Event Management (SIEM) space to guide the development of integrations between Splunk and IT and Security devices and services. This technical role will ensure that the Technology Integrations (Add-Ons) developed by the team will meet the high standards that are expected by our customers.
Your work will help us achieve our goal of getting performance, IT and Security data into Splunk seamlessly and enriching it with high quality domain knowledge and insights. It will further position Splunk as the world-class Data to Everything Platform.
- Do a deep dive into petabytes of data, which includes everything about getting data in - data ingestion, data acquisition, data capturing, etc.
- Be the technical lead on a team developing the nextgen of Technology Add-Ons (TAs) that get data into Splunk.
- Ensure Technology Add-Ons adhere to development best practices, are performant, extract meaningful information from the data and integrate with downstream Splunk applications such as Enterprise Security (ES) and IT Service Intelligence (ITSI).
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and to understand new requirements.
- Work with Product Management on priorities and timelines and be responsible for achieving them
- Mentor, train, and guide teammates
- Provide guidance on setting and configuring Security and IT devices to extract meaningful logs.
- Suggest and develop the tools to automate manual processes.
- 7+ years experience in monitoring and analysis of Security, Infrastructure or IT Service Operations including data onboarding and analytics content.
- Experience working with data ingestion, data acquisition, data capturing, etc.
- Deep understanding of IT fundamentals to include Windows and Linux operating systems, networking, security, cloud, databases and IT service operations
- Strong foundational knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, etc.)
- Customer focus and commitment in the product design phase and while responding to issues.
- Creative thinking and superb problem-solving skills with real-world constraints, and the ability to identify the root cause of complex problems.
- Intermediate to Expert-level capability with Python or other scripting or programming languages.
- High integrity and reliability: ability to work independently, be responsible for upholding schedules and work with remote teams.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines is a plus
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new challenges and learning opportunities.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Engineering and QA to Product Management and Customer Success.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Good work/life balance. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.