Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a software engineer who is motivated and passionate about troubleshooting & diagnosing problems in large bodies of complex code, delivering fixes to customers with rapid turnaround time and high quality. We continually improve the product based on requirements and defects reported by Support, Customer Success and Field organizations
- You will investigate and implement fix to resolve product defects in the UI in an efficient and responsive manner.
- You will Implement minor improvements requested by customers from requirements capturing through delivery.
- You will be responsible for technically driving escalated issues along with Critical Situation managers.
- You will dive into the intricacies of data acquisition, transformation, presentation and rapidly deliver solution.
- You will engage in design and code review of the product and leverage the service experience to proactively prevent future problems.
- You will provide mentorship on how to make code maintainable and product diagnosable and serviceable.
- You will design and implement tools to help support engineers diagnose problems thereby reducing time to resolution.
- You bring 2+ years of experience in developing and troubleshooting client-side technologies.
- You have strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills including use of tools.
- You bring experience with distributed systems, applications experience and knowledge of Python is a plus.
- You have experience with sustaining and maintenance of enterprise software with UI focus is desired.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.