Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is passionate about Customer Success and we are searching for systems engineers to fulfill the needs of Splunk’s Premium Customers. The dynamic Engineer we hire for this role will be a champion Problem Solver who relishes untangling the most complex issues. Think you've got what it takes to handle zero G? Find out and apply today.
- You are a dynamic, multi-dimensional Engineer, who can pretty much take on anything whether it be a bug, the deployment or even the OS kernel!
- You'll diagnose and resolve priority issues with premium customer deployments according to the SLA's and SLO's
- You'll debug reported issues at the Systems, Application and Networking levels, across diverse operating systems, often in distributed environments
- You will work in a cross-collaborative environment including Engineering, Support and Customer Success teams, with a common goal to provide reliable solutions to customers
- You'll provide service so memorable, that our customers will talk about it
- You'll participate in on-call duties as per scheduled roster
- You have 5+ years of experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (file system internals, disk/storage performance, process & memory management, etc) and networking (TCP/IP, UDP etc)
- You have a proven track record of being an Ace at analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- You enjoy developing and troubleshooting multi-threaded server applications written in C/C++
- You are a master at the art of communication and you're able to translate technical updates appropriately to any audience (from CEO to techie)
- You've got a BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.