Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a software quality engineer who is motivated, passionate and loves testing & diagnosing hard problems in large bodies of complex code, delivering solution to customers with rapid turnaround time and high quality. We continually improve the product based on requirements and defects reported by Support, Customer Success and Field organizations
- You will dive into the intricacies of data acquisition, transformation, transfer, persistence and retrieval logic
- You will monitor, accept and triage all support filed defects for Apps and Add-ons
- You will perform problem reproduction, isolation, solution, as applicable and route product defects to appropriate development teams
- You will ensure traction & closure, that is, defects are actively worked on and driven to resolution as per established SLAs.
- You will engage with cross-functional teams to drive the issue to closure.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical software engineer working with engineering teams in sustaining/maintenance roles of enterprise software
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have extensive OS (Linux, Windows) admin level knowledge
- You have some experience in handling issues for highly scalable systems involving REST, network communication and protocols e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, XML.
- You have significant experience with Python and other scripting skills.
- You understand C++ programming, is a nice-to-have.
- You have an understanding of bug tracking system like JIRA, customer case mgmt. system like Salesforce case mgmt (SFDC) and source mgmt. like Git
- You are able to debug and solve complex technical issues in a highly distributed environments, reported by customers.
- You have strong multi-tasking, excellent communication and interpersonal skills conducive to a distributed team environment
- You're Comfortable with ambiguity, open to change, and thrives in dynamic and fluid environments.
- You're able to establish relationships with senior-level leaders and day-to-day contacts alike
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction