The Enterprise Integration team under ITS Engineering is looking for highly analytical, innovative Senior Software Engineer with deep experience in building large scale, low latency and high performance APIs and integration solutions. We are building the next generation enterprise API platform that makes business data and capabilities accessible as APIs to power innovation and higher-value creation to both internal and external partners. We are also building real time alerts, dashboards and notifications for the partners that provide various insights on integrations/APIs health, errors etc.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Mulesoft Integrations, you will closely collaborate with multi functional partners, product managers and senior architects to manage competing priorities , requirements , define cutting - edge system integration designs and own end to end responsibilities. You will play a critical role within the enterprise integrations core team at Splunk. In this role you will do the following.
- Architect and design complex features. Create functional specifications and build consensus with executives and broader organization on technical direction
- Engage effectively with multi functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers to develop and expand our strong set of API led capabilities to super-charge our business
- Lead core development team while providing clear technical guidance and effectively removing barriers
- Develop and produce code enabling new platform features, extend existing foundational code independently to implement new functionality.
- Drive multiple project work streams for delivering high-performance and resilient APIs that can process huge data sets and millions of transactions at scale
- Be champion of continuous improvements that improves product quality, performance
- Can assume the role of Scrum Master for their mission team successfully
- Advocate and drive implementation of cutting - edge technologies, industry best practises
- Mentor, aspire, and challenge engineers in the team
- Drive quality culture in a team by being a role model
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years of solid experience developing and supporting enterprise system integrations using ESBs, RESTful APIs and standard data formats (JSON, XML)
- 5+ years of experience designing & developing highly scalable APIs and microservices using the Mulesoft Anypoint platform
- Solid software engineering principles and development experience using object oriented programming and scripting languages(Java, Python, Golang etc.)
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, microservices framework & lifecycle, scalable enterprise design
- Experience with event frameworks and technologies like kafka, spark or equivalent
- Well versed in API management, policies, security orchestration(OAuth and OpenID technologies)
- Experience in test frameworks like Junit, Munit, TestNG and automated testing
- Hands on experience with test driven development and CI/CD, code analysis tools such as Git, Maven,Sonarcube
- Extraordinary software engineering skills designing and developing complex and large-scale integrations with systems such as SAP, Salesforce, Workday, Snowflake
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Clear and effective communicator, a creative problem solver and a thoughtful decision maker
- Highly motivated self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Hands-on experience with the MuleSoft Runtime Fabric (RTF) & Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Splunk products
- Mulesoft Certified Developer (Level 1) - Mule 4 or MCD - Integration and API Associate
- MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration Professional (Mule 3)
- MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).