Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for building new APIs for supporting new mobile products? Do you want to be part of a founding team for a new mobile first product and build something from the ground up?
Splunk's Mobile Engineering team is looking for an expert back-end developer to build an innovative solution that enables rapid mobile development. You will get to work with a dedicated individuals who are doing state of the art development work (both native mobile and mobile back-end) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in making critical, architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction and communicating effectively
- Experience in building Restful APIs
- Experience collaborating with design and cross functional engineering teams to make the complex simple for the user
- Full stack development experience
- Comfortable working with development on Linux, Unix, and Windows systems
- BS CS/EE or equivalent
- You have worked with web application frameworks such as Django, Flask, Node.js, or Ruby on Rails
- You have built applications on AWS or equivalent services
- You have excellent problem solving skills and phenomenal attention to details
- You have strong communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- You have an ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
Nice to have
- You are familiar with writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- You have experience in building services that support native mobile (Android or iOS) apps
- You are skilled at using CSS & HTML to produce interfaces from design mock-ups
- You are proficient with GIT
- You have provisioned systems with Chef or other IT automation frameworks
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally reciprocal and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records