Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver
the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open community for sharing Playbooks and Apps. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in delivering Splunk's industry-leading security products. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver. You
will drive process improvement throughout the product development, deployment, monitoring and feedback. Finally, you will collaborate effectively with fast-paced, cross-functional teams to solve
problems and implement new solutions.
● Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, design and implement new features.
● Strong commitment to best practices in software development, including modern CI, optimizing task/build execution times, making engineering process efficient.
● Drive root cause analysis investigations and post mortems for defects and regressions.
● Work with different Engineering and Product Management groups to influence the product requirement, solve hard problems and achieve the best quality
● 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
● Proficiency in Python programming, RESTful web services.
● Experience with CI/CD and project management tools (e.g., Gitlab, Github, CI/CD pipelines, Jira, Confluence, etc).
● Experience with deployment and operations tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc).
● Self-starting and self-directed, with a bias for action.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Comfortable multitasking, agile and flexible, collaborative.
● BS/MS in Computer science, or equivalent practical working experience.