Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET) – Mobile (Android)
Do you have a passion for testing the latest mobile technologies? Do you want to be part of a founding team for a new mobile-first product and build something from the ground up?
Splunk's Mobile Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test who is passionate about developing software the right way and skilled at applying automation to streamline our Agile SDLC.
- You will develop and automate the technology stack in order to deliver high-quality mobile apps. You will design and implement a robust test automation framework that will ensure the team consistently delivers high-quality apps in a fast-paced development environment.
- You will also be working closely with the Engineering and Product Teams to analyze new feature risks, resolve test gaps, improve performance and certify product quality for each release.
- You will serve as an advocate for good software engineering practices within the Engineering team to continuously improve speed, quality and scalability of our build and test systems.
- 8+ years as a SDET, Software Engineer or similar role with focus on quality
- Experience building automation test infrastructure & frameworks
- Experience writing test automation for mobile applications
- Proficient in one or more of Java, Kotlin, Obj-C, Swift, Python, Ruby
- Clear communicator able to work collaboratively with other Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Customers
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with performance testing to analyze memory leaks, CPU/Energy usage, network variability, crash rates, etc.
- Experience with visual validation testing
- Experience testing wearables, smart TV apps, Augmented Reality (AR) and/or Virtual Reality (VR) apps
- Experience working with test case management tools like TestRail
- Experience with Splunk products
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn including Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality products.
- A set of extraordinarily collaborative and dedicated peers, from Engineering and Quality to Product Management, Design and Customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.