Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy working with smart and passionate people who are out to innovate the way people interact with data? Do you thrive in a team atmosphere where you can have a deep impact on a wide range of work? Are you a self-starter that enjoys learning new technologies and providing mentorship? Are you comfortable working in a loosely structured organization to embrace change as an opportunity to improve things?
If so, Splunk is looking for experienced Sr. Software Engineers in Test to join the team building the next generation of Splunk's Application Developer Ecosystem. You will have a significant influence on engineering solutions that enable app developers to seamlessly develop and publish apps on the Splunk Cloud platform.
- Test technologies that enable internal and external developers to deliver apps and solutions to Splunk Cloud.
- Test open-source tool integration with Splunk products.
- Create, enhance, and encourage robust test suites for all code, because you recognize the value of automated testing and continuous integration.
- Provide on-call production support for the team's features and applications.
- Owns the testing of a high complex feature or sub-areas for on prem, maintenance and native cloud releases and deliver in a continuous delivery model
- Help to investigate or reproduce product issues reported by customers, narrow down possible causes and provide suggestions or solutions if possible for problem solving.
- Responsible for identifying defects, and writing detailed defect reports, and working with others on capturing additional information, or retesting under different scenarios for improvements.
- Responsible for reviewing test plans, and making recommendations for additional test scenarios and improvements of existing scenarios
- Make general recommendations for hard problems product improvements for increased testability, supportability, usability
- Lead test design and test code reviews, and participates in test framework architecture discussions, as well as product design discussion.
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and architects on testing and quality strategic plans.
- Experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering in test experience, including large-scale SaaS application testing as well as testing distributed deployment systems.
- Strong communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive experience using and improving large test frameworks
- Proficient with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and GitLab.
- Detailed oriented and enjoys meticulous testing and understanding of how to file actionable product defects.
- Understanding what it means to test software that is a part of a larger microservice architecture as well as a monolithic software application.
- In-depth understanding of the structure, security, and load distribution for multi-tenant software systems.
- Familiar with at least one auth and identity protocol such as OAuth 2.0, OIDC, or SAML and how to set up test environments to test them.
- Expertise in detail and consistent testing of REST APIs and SDKs.
- Background includes working with Virtual Machines, Docker, Kubernetes, or other container/virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Comfortable with testing application performance and scalability.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.