Senior/Lead Software Developer in Test
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open community for sharing Playbooks and Apps. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
Splunk is building a fast-paced team and is seeking for Senior/Lead Test engineers
- Lead and oversee the technical aspects of the QA team – ranging from design review, test code review, feature testing and regression testing
- Assist in design, monitoring, and administering a scale-able, development and test automation system: From test integration to automation framework is a huge plus.
- Automate, script, and use tools whenever possible to reduce task/build execution time
- Create and execute automated and manual test plans and maintain accurate documentation of results and process.
- Responsible for system test plan and integration test plan
- Excellent team work: Work closely with others, resolve hard problems and develop code as a unified team in an agile/scrum setting
- Effectively interact with software development, QA, product management and release teams.
- 7+ years’ experience in QA Automation Engineering, DevOps, or related experience.
- Experience leading QA teams through software releases
- Excellent scripting and automation skills, specifically strong Python skills are required.
- Experience in UI automation preferred
- Solid understanding of the development cycle of any software based product.
- Fair knowledge of Security concepts
- Desire to automate as much as possible, especially during the development cycle.
- S. in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Experience with Jenkins, Buildbot, gitlab or other equivalent continuous integration packages
- Experience with test and bug tracking tools (TestLink, Mantis, Bugzilla, Jira, etc)
- Experience with Chef, Robot Framework, or other automation framework systems
- Experience with virtualization and/or clustering systems
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, IPS, UTMs, etc.
- Experience with clustering technologies - service and database (Hadoop, SQL, etc)
- Systems administration for development and test systems.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status