Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Machine Learning team is looking for an experienced software engineer in test to build and maintain automation tools. To really understand something, you have to take it apart, you have to look inside to see how it works. You consider how it will be used from both a broad and a deep perspective. You examine and refine how it’s crafted.
At Splunk, Software Engineers in Test are developers who are passionate about continuously improving both what we deliver, and how we deliver software to customers. You’ll be finding and building tools to automate, parallelize, test, performance benchmark, build and deploy. You’ll be investigating and debugging problems based on your knowledge of customer needs and system internals. You’ll be working with engineers and product management to define the right test strategy and influence on testability, refactoring, and continuous improvement.
- Experienced –5+ years of professional experience building and/or testing across the full stack.
- Highly technical –You have a great understanding of at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Go, Scala or C++.
- Customer focused –You care about business outcomes and delighting customers.
- Passionate about Quality– You have a love of testing, tuning, and analysis through operational rigor, and a scientific mindset. You care as much about functional requirements as you do about performance, accessibility, and security.
- Container enthusiast –You’re excited and experienced with container and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Team Player –You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others, so we can all become better. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to create a positive work environment.
- High Standards –Your personal software practices ensure you deliver high quality no matter what. You believe in constantly releasable quality, iterations, design for testability, and you build your own tools and techniques to achieve high quality and low cost of support. You deliver better results every day, and you even have taught or influenced others to improve their practices.
- Customer Engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Education –Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have skills and experiences:
- You have experience in a continuous delivery (CD) environment
- You have experience with developing on cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE)
- You have experience with performance testing, monitoring, and analysis
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status